View Single Post
Old 03-01-2015, 09:24 AM
MargeD
Power Poster

There are several good ideas expressed by other QB members. I think she should be notified that a meeting will be held to discuss asking her to resign because she does not attend meetings, something that goes without saying. I was president of a very large guild - 125 members - and there were always people who wanted a certain position, but then never showed up or just neglected to do the job she was elected for. You could call a special meeting to elect a new VP, or you could just let her term expire and make sure she does not get elected, as in if she were nominated, if there is no second, the nomination dies. My guild also had problems with donated fabric being taken home and no charity quilts made, it happens, but someone needs to be responsible for seeing that nobody takes an excessive amount of fabric and a rule made that it has to be made into a charity quilt. Unfortunately, there will always be people who feel entitled to hold an office without attending meetings, or taking advantage of donated fabric and using it for themselves. I would like to hear how you handled this situation, if you would like to share.