View Single Post
Old 03-01-2015, 09:31 AM
NJ Quilter

Originally Posted by AChristina View Post
Thank you all for your input. It's given me a great deal to think about. Our secretary lives next door to her in an apartment complex and has repeatedly reminded her of meetings and activities to find out if she is going to attend. I think my best recourse at this time is to just "Let It Go" as my granddaughters favorite song says and bring up the subject of by-laws at the next meeting. I'll send out a mass e-mail to all members to let them know ahead of time but won't say why we're doing this. My treasurer has been a godsend at helping me with meetings and workshops. She's loaded with ideas and suggestions. Is it possible for someone to hold 2 offices? LOL. As to me not knowing if there are by-laws, I've only been in office since January and our former president has been traveling. I never thought to ask for a printout of the by-laws and they have never been discussed at any previous meetings in the last 5 years since I've been member.
I don't think that Robert's Rules allow for a single person holding 2 offices. Beyond that, how do you ever break a tie vote??? Happened to me at one point when I was Treasurer as well as Past President (who is a recognized board member in our organization) - didn't work well and created the need for yet another by-law change!