View Single Post
Old 03-02-2015, 06:16 AM
jetayre

Originally Posted by MarleneC View Post
Could I send you a couple more that like to sleep in our yard?
The best I could send is an Alpaca. My son and his wife and 2 children live with us an she raise Alpacas, my husband has white face Herefords, my DIL also has different chickens, five goats (fainting, Nigerian, dwarf) a lop eared rabbit. Running wild we have deer, occasional moose, fox, turkeys, hawks that try to keep an eye on the animals, coyotes, bear that keep to themselves more than in Alaska. The rabbit is in a cage inside. When the weather gets rough we occasionally have to bring something in. A favorite smaller chicken was sounding like a kitten barely mewing so in she came in a cage and she got back to normal in the AM. Prefer to have chickens outside. The strangest one we had was a baby Alpaca that was born late in the fall and we couldn't keep him warm so we fixed an area in the living room that fenced him. We put waterproofing material on the floor and had to clean up daily. We used horse pellets to keep the moisture up. So it went on for two months. Not my idea of a house hold pet, but he was sweet. He liked to nibble on things if I didn't watch. He did not like to be petted. He would tolerate a touch or two but nothing. He liked to nibble my clothes.