View Single Post
Old 03-02-2015, 08:42 AM
tessagin
Power Poster

I totally agree. Let her know your intentions and give her options. I would out of courtesy do it in writing with every ones ok and each member gets a copy. You could take a vote on it. but do it in writing and still welcome her when she's there. I didn't join the local guild this year for many reasons and those are obligations to be there. I like being independent. And the last couple times I went as a guest then turned down because of being a member one didn't like that I wasn't going to put up with a bully so I said I was done. But give her a heads up in writing with everyone's approval.
Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post
I think the decent thing would be for someone to give her a heads up by phone, that the subject of her non-attendance is going to be discussed at the next meeting. It would be awkward and humiliating to spring it on her in the group without warning, should she attend, and not really proper, imo, to discuss her in her absence if she's not been informed that her behavior is a matter of concern. Imagine how you'd like it handled if it were you being discussed, and use that as a guide.