View Single Post
Old 03-02-2015, 09:31 AM
Snooze2978

Yes, I'd rather have it all in one place if possible. I'm using my basement now and though its actually 2 rooms I had them put another doorway at the opposite end since I couldn't remove the center wall to make it one room (load bearing wall). This way I can enter either room from both ends. I placed my machines.........2 embroidery, 2 sergers and 1 quilt machine in one room along with all the threads for each machine on pegboards nearest the machine its used for. Also have a couple bookcases filled with dress fabrics in the same room as I don't use it as much. The other room has the design wall, cutting table and all quilting type fabrics plus a pegboard filled with quilting notions, rulers, etc. My pressing station is always up too. This works for me and as I can't sit for a long period or stand for a long period this gives me a little space to walk back and forth..........maybe 20 feet between sewing machine and pressing station. That's about all the exercise I get each day unless I have to venture out to shovel snow these days.