View Single Post
Old 03-02-2015, 09:05 PM
Anne P

I'm looking for another machine for a different reason. I have a wonderful Bernina Artista 200 that I bought about 10 years ago and which I love! However, I am wanting to get a smaller machine to take to quilt group and classes. I haven't done a lot of research yet, but I think I want to get either a smaller lighter-weight Bernina or a Featherweight. I just can't decide. A couple of people in my quilt group have Featherweights and they are so darn cute and the owners love them. However, if I get another Bernina I have the advantage of the dealer's being nearby and very reliable, as well as the possible convenience of interchangeable feet (not sure about this though as I haven't checked it out) and features like needle-down, etc. I will use it only for piecing for the most part so don't need a large throat, dual feed, or FMQ capabilities.
I'm nervous about buying a lot of money to buy a used machine online and not knowing what I'm getting for sure. I think after we get home from a trip we're taking at the end of the month, I'll get more serious about the search. I know there are many other brands that would fit the bit, but I'll probably stick with Bernina if I don't get a Featherweight. I definitely need to do some research, though. Ah, decisions, decisions!