Old 03-02-2015, 09:23 PM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by tropit View Post
Gosh Tammi, I don't know what else you could say about the 403A. I didn't realize that you had all those other vids up there already. It's a pretty carefree machine, so I guess you've covered it. Do you do sewing machine repair classes/courses that go beyond the basic videos? How about online ones? If not, you should. You're a far better teacher than the person I took a class from last year.

~ Cindy
I did one class last April one province over and had a ball! I would love to do more of them but I have to figure out the logistics. We have a (very!) geriatric cat, geriatric dog and an old codger of another cat. Traveling without them is almost impossible because we can't board them due to age or medical conditions. Traveling with them.... Oi. The very geriatric cat is dog intolerant,.... It may have to wait a year or so.

The class last year was a whirlwind trip where I left DH home to care for the animals and I was home sick for all of them the whole time.

At this point, online might be an option but the repair type classes I've seen in the past look kind of scammy.... I guess that's more logistics.

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
I agree - figure out how to make a little cash, Tammi.
The only thing that comes to mind really is a "buy me a coffee" paypal sort of thing. I wouldn't remove the videos I've already published, it makes me crazy when information starts out free then the person decides they want payment for what many people already got for free.

I laughed out loud the day someone "recognized" me via a kijiji ad. We were taking back and forth via email about a machine, then suddenly out of nowhere she goes, "Hey! Are you Archaic Arcane?" I guess the level of detail in my answers to her questions gave me away. She wanted me to do an online class on repair with her but time isn't my friend these last 8 months, so I couldn't commit to it.