Old 03-03-2015, 05:38 AM
janRN

Anne, we could have had a "ripping party" yesterday. I wanted to make a table runner, my last for the B&B, and chose Weather Vane block. I've made that block so many times, it's my go-to block. I've been doing a lot of paper piecing but this one doesn't call for that plus I thought I could make it in my sleep I've done it so often. But NO!!! I couldn't remember how to make 1/2 square triangles by stitching 2 long pieces of fabric together; had to look that up. Then I sewed them together wrong. Rip. Sewed 2 rows together wrong--rip! Four hours and more ripping later I have 2 of the 3 blocks done. Some days the wrong side of my brain takes over.

I can't help you with tying a quilt, never done it but I like the look of OK's.

All winter we've let a faucet drip in our powderroom that's on an outside wall. No freezing pipe-yay. Went in powder room yesterday after a 22* night and there was water everywhere! The pipe didn't freeze, it just broke! How's that for irony???? MrJanRn got it repaired now I have to spend the day cleaning up the mess from the pipe and the mess from his repair job.

Have a good day ladies and hopefully no one will be ripping!