Old 03-03-2015, 01:16 PM
ArchaicArcane

Default Another type of Vintage - long time companion furbabies

A discussion in another thread made me think this might be a great place to immortalize our sewing room companions. I'll start.

Current:
Stormi - known aliases: The Queen, Queen Mab, stormer-lisious, kitten little, the nutter.
Unique traits: Likes to chase her food and yowl at it while carrying it around the house. Also likes to run through the house and get onto the top of the dresser and stare at you like a stone gargoyle come to life. Also likes to "aggressively mother" both DH and me by rubbing her face in our (usually freshly washed) hair and if we resist will hold us down to do it. Likes to sleep with her face in my hands. Used to beat the snot out of my printer whenever I sent a print job to it before she went deaf. This is her with my 15-90 and first quilt pieced and FMQed on that machine.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]512308[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]512311[/ATTACH]

Shadow - known aliases: nut burger, shadtastic
Unique Traits: Her purr sounds like a tree frog, likes to give head butts, knows the word "shower" and will come keep you company in the shower, talking the whole time. Not even flinching when I scream "DANGER!!!" when she gets too close to a running sewing machine... *sigh* That's her with my getting closer to vintage Pfaff and in my studio.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]512313[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]512314[/ATTACH]

Dax - known Aliases: DipStick, Daximus, and lots I shouldn't post on a public forum.
Unique Traits: Uh....there's really nothing normal about this dog other than the fact that she'll eat anything that may or may not be food. We think she might be part coyote. The SPCA said Husky Shepherd Cross but a lot of her mannerisms are more coyote than either of the breeds. And if you hear her call, it's pure coyote. She's terrified of the cats and will cry if you tell her to come but there's a cat in the way. The "blanket" she's laying on is the first try at sewing with my 1913 27 treadle. That blanket is also where I learned there was a difference between stuffing and batting.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]512315[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]512316[/ATTACH]

Gone but not forgotten:
Gizmo - known Aliases: Grey Kitty, The Old Lady
Unique traits: Smartest cat I've ever known. Very graceful jumper - especially considering she was always an indoor cat. Loved her burgers - would go for a ride in the car to get "burgers". She left us before I sewed, so no projects with her.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]512317[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]512318[/ATTACH]

Chappy - Known Aliases: I don't remember??
Unique traits: Was a sled dog up north before his hip dysplasia got too bad to pull. Had most of the traits of a sled dog but the build of a wolf. Extremely strong prey drive which would cause a little excitement sometimes when running him with the mountain bikes. One time he even took DH right off the bike when he spotted a rabbit and took off after it at a 90 degree angle from the previous direction of travel. Passed before I sewed - other than the webbing harnesses I made for him.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]512319[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]512320[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_5252.jpg   img_1728.jpg   img_3392.jpg   img_2299.jpg   dax02.jpg  

img_5455.jpg   img_3841.jpg   img_4124.jpg   img_3853.jpg   img_4012.jpg  

Last edited by ArchaicArcane; 03-03-2015 at 01:21 PM.