Old 03-03-2015, 01:31 PM
Notwendy

A huge thank you for the suggestions! The weather turned on me today, so I wasn't able to fit in the last two stops. However, I'm back here in April.

I went to Guildcrafters - it is the cutest shop! They package small projects in a variety of interesting ways (mason jars, suet bird feeders, etc) along with a pattern. Perfect gifts, especially for beginners. They had a kit for a quilt called Seasons that was spectacular in person. Alas, it wasn't in my budget. Not that I left empty handed, mind you. : )

I went to Creative Quilt Kits - what a find! They had a super sale section that had fabrics I've been seeking for ages. I also found two small kits at 50% off. Needless to say, I didn't limit myself to the sale section. They have a great variety of offerings. I will definitely be going back!

I went to Pink Castle - a store I'd shopped at online. They had a huge selection of modern fabrics. Their prices were also about $1-2 less than other stores I've shopped. If you are in the area and have only ordered online before, make sure to stop in. I picked up some yardage of Utopia that I've been wanting and some of the new Mercury sunprints by Alison Glass.

Thanks again for the great suggestions! Every place I went was a pleasure.

Edited to add: I told each shop that I received a recommendation from members of Quilting Board. They were nicely pleased to know that members recommended them.