View Single Post
Old 03-03-2015, 08:28 PM
BARES

Originally Posted by littlebitoheaven View Post
I love seeing the Members names and am wondering if we could have a thread going where we can tell how we came up with our name and if it has a special meaning.
This is so interesting. Thanks for starting. I have called my hubby Bear off and on all of our marriage. In '97 a kitty showed up at my clothes line where I was hanging clothes. He had been dumped and was in really bad shape. I took him to the vet and after a couple of thousand dollars to fix him, they wanted a name. I was going to leave him outside and feed him but I didn't want him for a pet so I wasn't going to name him. When they HAD to have a name, I remembered how he looked when I first saw him -- like if I had said Boo he would have cowered under the nearest thing. So I called him BooBear. He was a Main Coon and absolutely beautiful once he got clean and well. I had taken BaresHoney for my screen name when I first went on the computer because they wouldn't let me have BEARsHoney. So with my hubby being Bear, me BaresHoney and BooBear we became the bear family.