Old 03-04-2015, 06:58 PM
madamekelly

Originally Posted by citygirlsews View Post
I WISH.......I wish they had told me that after you piece all these fun beautiful quilts, you have to be talented enough to actually QUILT them. I love to sew. It is my passion! But I am not artistic and have tried for three years (after quilting for three years) to quilt my pieced projects on my domestic sewing machine (Viking Diamond) and have finally given up. I have taken classes and read a zillion books, practiced until I feel sick every time (very stressful) and I have no talent for it. Having someone else do the quilting (by check) is not an option. I am not rich. I really feel the finished quilt's beauty lies in the Quilting. Wish I knew all of this before I took two years of classes!
I am not artistic either, but wanted to make quilts anyway, so I have taught myself to do QAG (quilt as you go). Watching you tube videos and picking what worked for me. None of the videos actually shows how I do it. I use one method for sewing them, another for connecting, and another for binding, but now all of my quilts are "Kelly made"!