View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 02:44 AM
Jan in FL

I agree with others on this thread. I completed my first shop hop last summer. It was a big one, there were 23 shops. It ran for a month. My husband encouraged me to go. In fact, he drove me to each shop and was an ENABLER to buy! The hop was from east to west coast in Central FL. Each weekend we chose several shops in a select area to go to. We got to see so many areas of the state that we didn't know existed. In fact, we were talking just the other day about that drive last summer and how much we enjoyed being in the car and just driving together. There was excitement for me to see all the new shops each weekend. Maybe it was because it was my first shop hop but I bought a LOT - but I didn't buy something at every shop. I got beautiful fat quarters at each stop. Granted, I have not bought much since that time but I haven't felt the need. I now have some new favorite shops to visit that are not more than an hour away - when I want to go on a weekend. I say go, go, go! And take hubby or a friend if possible.