Old 03-05-2015, 12:26 PM
Jeanette Frantz

If the machine is damaged in transit, you will have to file a claim with e-bay. You SHOULD NOT lose any money. He's assuming responsibility for it's safe arrival -- at least I would think so. If the machine has not been shipped -- well if the seller has paid the shipping he's obligated to pay, then the question is why has the post office not sent the machine on its way? I can't answer that, but I would contact e-bay if the machine has not left the post office within the next day or two. I haven't made a major purchase through e-bay, but have not had a problem with the items I have purchased. No, we do not think you are paranoid. If you are, then so am I. I would be very leary about shipping a sewing machine. Let's just hope and pray that your machine arrives safely. Sometimes, it takes a couple of days for the money-thing to clear --I honestly have no experience with a sewing machine. The only one I've bought off e-bay was about 60-70 miles from where we live, and we drove to pick it up. These old durable ladies are cast iron and do not respond well to being dropped -- and in this instance I could drive there cheaper that I could have had it shipped.

Please let us know when your machine arrives, and if it is in good condition when it gets there.

Jeanette

Last edited by Jeanette Frantz; 03-05-2015 at 12:28 PM. Reason: duplication - signoff