Old 03-05-2015, 06:17 PM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
Tammi I really think she barks at the machines because she sees me playing with them and in her little mind should be able to play with them to. I did but a head down on the floor to see what she would do and she tried to play with it like it was another little dog. It was so funny to watch her reaction when it would not play back. She just sat down beside the machine and looked at it like what the "H" is wrong with this thing. She did keep her eye on it and I think she was waiting for it to move. It was a hoot.
Skip
Glenn! I've seen that look too but it's usually when I bust out a few dance moves while I'm quilting and the cats look at me with the same look! Doodle Bug sounds like she's a puppy at heart.

Originally Posted by Sunflowerzz View Post
Awwww too cute. I want to hug them all! Here is my sewing room companion, Daphne. She was a rescue that was scheduled to be euthanized as she was deemed unadoptable. We have had her for 5 years now.
I wonder if Daphne was deemed unadoptable the same way one of the vets at the SPCA used to do it here. She'd lunge at them and if they did anything - cringe or look aggressive - they were scheduled for euthanasia. That woman was terrible. Not a lot of animals will do nothing in response to an aggressive move. I'm glad you got Daphne. She looks like she's doing well.

Originally Posted by purplefiend View Post
I don't know how to load photos on this new computer yet, so I'll just tell you about one of my 5 dogs. Molly is a 10 year old Golden Retriever that some idiot abandoned in the summer of 2010, she was 5 then. She has been the sweetest dog ever, knows no strangers. Unfortunately she has been diagnosed with terminal cancer, has a large vascular mass on the left side of her neck; she not in pain right now. She's not eating but 1/2 of her usual dinner and is getting thin. https://www.flickr.com/photos/391684...57638104137516 Sharon in Texas
Hey Sharon, I saw in another thread too that you were having trouble typing as well. When you make a post, click on the "A" up in the corner of the tools just above where you're typing (it's circles in Red on this photo) If you hover your mouse over it, it says "Switch editor to source mode". When I get on a machine - usually the "mobile" ones - Win8, iPad, iPhone, etc my cursor freaks out and I "skip" letters until I do that then typing is fine.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]512597[/ATTACH]

Posting pics is the same on all the platforms I've tried - click the button I circled in blue and upload. If the photo is too big, it will give a really non-intuitive error message - resize it and repost. Easier done on a PC or a Mac than say an iPad. It works this way on all of the devices I use which run the gamut of PCs with Windows (various flavors) and Linux, Android, and iOS (i.e. iPhone/iPad) so I suspect your photos have gotten too big and you're getting errors because I know you've posted pics in the past?

Molly is gorgeous! I have a soft spot for the larger breeds. I don't know how people can treat them so badly and abandon them. She's very lucky to have you!

Originally Posted by caspharm View Post
Great photos. Makes me miss my 3 pound babies (all 3 are gone): Lulu (orange tabby - she was about 13 and had possible IBS), Penny (blue and white tabby - about 16 [old age]) and Midnight (black - she was about 8 and contracted FIP).

I would love to get another pair, but we want to travel for a few years and don't want to worry about cat care.
caspharm - that's the plan for us too. I know the next year or so is likely to be tough on us with these ones and if I can exercise any restraint at all, we'll be a couple of years without furbabies so we can travel too.

Originally Posted by monopas View Post
I'm a sucker for pet photos and stories. Especially since it gives me a chance to show off mine!

Here's my favorite picture of my two big boys together. Pookie and Pumpkin. We lost Pookie last year at age 14 (IBS that probably led to cancer). Pumpkin is now 13 and is in treatment for large-cell lymphoma, but the prognosis isn't very good even though he has responded to treatment. Just loving him while I have him. They took very good care of me.
Oh! Such a cuddle couple of boys! Pookie was OK with pumpkin mauling him like that? That's usually how fights start in our house.

Originally Posted by tropit View Post
OH...now I'm sad...I just lost my "Star Baby," a few weeks ago. Here's a pic of her (Top) and also her sister, "MJ," aka "Wiggles," (below.) I also have a new pup, "Lucy," but no pics of her yet. Will post soon.

~ Cindy
Hey Cindy, I didn't mean for the thread to make people sad. I will say that the hurt does fade but the good memories remain. For months, I was a wreck when I lost Gizmo but now I only smile when I think of her. MJ looks like she found a mud puddle to play in. I do want to see pics of Lucy too!
Attached Thumbnails clipboard02.jpg