Thread: BLOCK Magazine
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2015, 07:41 AM
Wonnie

G
Originally Posted by heronlady View Post
I received my copy today. Skimmed through it, and I am thinking I'll cancel my subscription. Nothing popped out calling my name. Don't know exactly how to "unsubscribe" to it....guess I'll go to MSQ Webster and try to figure it out. I've enjoyed the other issues and will probably do some of the patterns, but probably none from the latest one.
I was really disappointed, too. This latest issue had nothing new and in fact, the Disappearing Hourglass Patch 2 was the only one that had any appeal. The color choices of most of the remaining quilts were a real turn-off for me. I love Jenny and her family but, my fear, is that they are taking on way too many projects, multiple stores, two magazines, personal appearances, video's, retreats, on-line store, shipping, etc and that somewhere along the line the quality and that special personal touch they are noted for will disappear...recent example would be the multiple errors found in their magazines and difficulty in finding corrections. I, also, don't see the need to produce a magazine (although absolutely gorgeous!) with the same quilt patterns already displayed in their on-line tutorials that are free. It would seem to me that to entice people to purchase a subscription one would offer something not available anywhere else. Just my opinion. I won't cancel yet but, right now, I'm on the line and still pulling for them.