Old 03-06-2015, 12:01 PM
joe'smom

Thanks, Krista! I love your big rhododendrons! It's such fun to see the backings along with the fronts. Everything seems to look nice with this pattern -- solids, smaller prints and large ones, I haven't yet seen one that I didn't like.

justflyingin, I think it's so commendable that you pushed through to make two beautiful quilts even though you weren't enthused by the reveal. I've had similar thoughts about whether to do other mystery quilts (this was my first) because I also have so many quilts I want to get to, and this brought things to a stop for two months (and I'm still working on it, but no longer exclusively). It's a lot of time (for a slow worker like me) to give to someone else's vision. Fortunately for me, I love everything about this quilt, from the Grand Hotel inspiration to the pattern. It's been so much fun that I wonder if I'll be able to resist participating next year. I imagine it wouldn't be nearly as much fun to wait until the reveal before deciding whether to commit.