View Single Post
Old 03-06-2015, 10:08 PM
oldtisme

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
Well, given a choice, it would be quilt, but, I am in another slump re: the quilting. I know it comes and goes for me and I just go with the flow. No amount of rearranging my things, reading patterns, looking at pictures, etc. does it for me. It's just time goes by and I get interested again. The cooking, though, I'm really tired of. Especially the day to day evening meal, which is all I feel compelled to produce. It is just me and Mr. Stitchnripper, and bless his heart, he is always appreciative of anything I do. It is usually very simple - chicken on the George Foreman, a bag of veggies, and maybe a salad or rice. Something on that simple order. And I'm tired of that. I told Mr. S. that when he retires I am quitting making that evening meal.
I DITTO that Stitchnripper. It's just me & Mr. Oldtis but we have a bit different situation. He goes out to lunch everyday so he loves home cooked meal for dinner, I on the other hand cook every night (but Friday) So I want to go out to eat. Don't get me wrong if I want to go out I just say the word & we go but thankfully he is seeing it's really not worth my time to be cooking 3 course meals so he has been bringing home premade oven meals from SAM's club. Which I don't mind at all. Just preheat...sew...stick it in oven, set the timer.....sew.....timer goes off I fix our plates &it's all done. DH is a keeper!