View Single Post
Old 03-07-2015, 02:32 AM
LilaKay

Default Yippy Skippy Update

I have now taken a couple of pictures of my new to me Featherweight. I have named her Pearl after my mom who forced me to learn to sew one summer and I caught the Singer bug from her. I had been wanting either a 1948 fw(my birth year) or a 1966(year we were married) but a friend had a fw she would sell me for a "good" price so I though OK at least I can afford this one. She just lives up the street from us. I set it up on our kitchen table and did a Google search with the serial number and OMG it's a 1948, she sews like a new machine and has most of the feet with her. I told my husband her just bought my birthday present....he still doesn't understand my fascination with older machines...I have a 1966 Kenmore that DH gave me for my wedding present, I have a 1985 Huskvarna that a friend gifted me with and a 1986 Kenmore Sensorsew that I bought new. I use the 1985 and 1986 daily. I also have a 1991 Pfaff but the motor is burned out on it. I left it with a friend up north. She thinks she can replace the motor for me.
Attached Thumbnails pearl.jpg   fw-serial-number.jpg