View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 12:14 PM
kluedesigns
Banned

Originally Posted by Sheree from Chicago
Originally Posted by kluedesigns
they look beautiful. i love the use of 3 colors in some of the blocks it really makes the little details pop.
Thanks Klue. I like the 3 all in one block too. I couldn't make it work for all, although I wish I could. Do you think it's going to look OK with 2&3 fabric blocks (tell me the truth) or do you think I could figure out how to use all three fabrics in all blocks?

Also -
* my foundation paper just came from RaNae. Yeah!!!!
*I think H-5 needs to be mirrored (one out of the two bigger PP works and the other doesn't - it's not in the right place). I'm going to try re-printing it mirrored
*I'm going to post E-12 pics. I'm having a bitch of a time with this one. I re-did it last night and it's still not good. Maybe if you look you can tell me how to go about this one.
i agree with cutebuns, the 2 or 3 color blocks would play very nicely with each other and you can play around in the software ahead of time for placements.

let me know how you like the PP paper.

try H5 again because i've never had to mirror that block. i made 18 of that block for the christmas swap and didn't have to mirror them.

but - i also didn't use 3 colors - this could be why you might need to mirror and i didn't.

the easy way to figure this out - is to print it out of regular paper and color the sections on the back the color of the fabric that you would place there.

then cut them up and tape them together to see if it looks correct. this way saves you some fabric.

E12 is a pain, post pics and i'll try to help but if you notice on my pic of E12 one point is off and i tried 3 times to get it right.