View Single Post
Old 03-07-2015, 07:52 AM
Bobbielinks

Default Truck quilt for grandson

Several months ago I was looking for a truck pattern to make a quilt for my year old grandson. Someone on this board very kindly sent me the "Keep On Truckin" pattern. I wish I could remember who it was as I certainly owe her a huge thank you.Whoever it was came up with a pattern that not only my grandson likes but his mother loves!

One of my quilting customers had made a truck quilt for their grandson and had embroidery the name of a trucking firm that she had worked for several years ago on the trucks. When she told me about it, that gave me the idea to ask for patches from the businesses that my grandson's family members have or are working for to be added onto the trucks of this quilt. So we have both grandfathers businesses that they retired from; an uncle's business, mom (the policewoman) and dad's business. Finally the quilt is done and has been sent home with my grandson to be ready for his twin size bed; but, not before I got a few pictures.
Attached Thumbnails quilts-gk-001.jpg   quilts-gk-004.jpg   quilts-gk-002.jpg   quilts-gk-003.jpg