View Single Post
Old 03-08-2015, 12:57 AM
quiltfairy01

Default i wish i had known

my elna jammed up and there was a new sewing machine repair shop in town so i took my elna to him.
I should have known he was not good with new machines as he only had old machines in his shop.
He told me he repaired and serviced my machine and charged me 60 dollars .
When i got it back it just would not run right skipping stitches and would not go over seams.
i than thought about taking my machine to the dealer that i bout it from he employes told me if this was my only machine take it else where as the owner of the shop has a tendency to lose sewing machines
Final my next avenue was to take it to a elna dealer i haed ordered several parts and other items to go with my machine .
it took three days for her to fix my machine the first guy did a lot of damage trying to adjust a elna that has a computer in it by hand it is now running like a dream taking it the 144 miles round trip was well worth the trip. It cost 124 dollars so it was not to bad i also found out that the walking foot the dealer that loses machines sells a person the wrong feet i bought a walking food from her and it was doing a lot of damage to my needle bar because it was the wrong one.

the moral of the story is know who is working on your machine