View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 01:19 PM
fktsewing

Ok, you girls asked for it---Elvis would still be the king today--he would transition with the times to a certain degree just like he did back then. His voice was amazing--his range was phenonimal. He was gorgeous with eyes that sparkled and a smile that still melts my heart. I also think he would & should have been an actor. He was doggone good at it. I am talking about movies like Jailhouse Rock, King Creole and Charro. Honestly, 3 things destroyed him---His mama's death was the beginning---then he actually got into drugs in the army--they gave them to the guys on duty, and third was the fact that since his mama, he never had anyone who would stand up to him about the drugs & Dr. Nick just did what he asked, as well as the other docs he saw. If she had lived, I think he would still be with us today. Can you guess I am an avid fan? I miss him terribly but he is with his mama now and that gives me some comfort. I know it was not easy for Lisa Marie because I lost my dad at the same age, but I am sure that her family and his friends have given her the insight of knowing her father. Mine did.
Long Live the King!!!!