View Single Post
Old 03-08-2015, 08:46 AM
Elisabrat

I know! I have to do the horizon also, ocean and sky meeting! ahhh! lol. you did a great job! love the addition of the bird! wish I had some. I had a lot of pale blues in my box so that is why I went with that. was thinking of a softly warm day on the beach and morning light. I sit here in Wyoming looking at the morning sun every day. it looks gorgeous once again outside. think its mid forties all ready as the front door is wide open. I am ready for nice fresh air. warm would be good too. it seems to go from cold to nice to hot instantly. what is with that? I would like spring like the rest of you!

I will have my row finished today and then share it with all. I also have to take a pic of the cool turquoise batiks that were sent to me. they are gorgeous. my trouble is mixing batiks with regular fabrics. these are strips. I am thinking Robert kaufman maybe they are not going to bleed but would croak if they did don't want that color in my sky! any ideas? I have color catchers for after the fact. I haven't had much bleeding before with his things. only 2 out of all the reds I had ever bled and they bled three times before they stopped. argh! thankfully no reds in this sky beach scene. phew! my lesson learned: wash all reds. even fat quarters. not worth the mess they make otherwise.

If you are doing mountains what mountains are you thinking of? I cant believe its m-fay and I alone on this one but so glad for her company. do a wall hanging. two or three panels. easy to do, not much time involved but you might find you like it. its not that hard grin... look at us! we are giving it a try. I need to post the snippet picture I did its in my folder here somewhere of the cowboys. that is what inspired me to try this. similar idea picture wise but all sewn down (ok this is a bit tougher than just fusing things together and smushing them down with the iron.. a tiny bit..). It is from that book I bought on snippets. she did wreaths lol and I did.. cowboys. I have this cowboy addiction not lying. My house is filled with cowboy stuff lol. My first quilt was a sampler quilt but using all cowboy fabric. I love that quilt. NO one touches that quilt lol. I have books and photographs on old fashioned western gear.. ghost towns big giant book. Someone had to counter that collection of Vietnam books. and things. groan. I am not so much into that but fair is fair. he can have books I can decorate my house with good stuff. quilts and cowboys. yuppers.

do you have anything your attached to? is it modern things? is it frank Lloyd Wright? dolls? books? oh you could do a book case full of books as your row robin! or perhaps its cooking anything with the kitchen is cool? curiosity makes me ask. I am second addicted to vintage things sorta goes with my cowboys. and vintage fabrics and and.. guess one could say I am an addict! yikes!