View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 01:24 PM
Tiffany

Originally Posted by sandpat
Its not so bad!! I actually think it is really good for a first attempt! You might want to start practicing on something smaller, it will be easier to handle and you can gain confidence doing that. But....this one will NOT win the Ugly quilt contest (I have the winner here under the bed) Sorry!
I have to agree with Pat, there is no way that is going to win the ugly award. Heck, as a first FMQ, it's amazing! Trust me, unless you can pull the stitching out (like one of mine, forgot about the tension issue), it's amazing.

There is a great site that has all sorts of FMQ designs that you can practice with. Hope this helps. http://www.daystyledesigns.com/index.htm

As for the sweating bullets...I've been learning to FMQ also and I'm not sure that goes away. :roll:

Pzazz: A lot of us use thin soap slivers to mark our quilting designs. When your body soap gets too small to use in the shower, instead of throwing it away you simply put it in a baggie and save it to mark quilts with. You can also use it as a pin cushion and it will help keep your pins sharp.