View Single Post
Old 03-09-2015, 05:24 AM
onaemtnest

Thank-you for starting this thread, as I value the opinions and experiences of the members of this board so very much!

I have used "
Sulky Premium Invisible Thread" I buy it on sale at Joanne's or via eBay. I've used it on on several of my wall hangings when I've wanted to stitch in the ditch or appliqued pieces. I've ironed over this thread as the spool says it will not melt and indeed it's never melted even with hot cotton setting. Also my machine has never broken this invisible thread :0).

For piecing I use Connecting Threads cone thread or Coats and Clark all purpose, cost being a huge factor to me. I don't notice substantially any more lint build-up and again my machine likes these threads. I have made it a habit to clean my machine after every project.

I also have always used the same thread top and bobbin, no reason or 'rule' just seemed to me logical.

I don't kid myself, my quilting is for my pleasure and all of my quilts are gifted. I don't handle rejection well, so I would never ever imagine entering any of my quilts into any competition. :0)

Last edited by onaemtnest; 03-09-2015 at 05:26 AM.