View Single Post
Old 03-09-2015, 07:59 AM
Billi

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Billi, love your quilts, what is the name of the pattern of the first three quilts? Couldn't sleep last night, gees how unusual, got up and made one of my blocks for the monthly swap. Today's goal is take dog for a walk, add last border to baby quilt and sew binding on granddaughter's quilt. Would like to get a quilt cut out today but having a devil of a time figuring out the color placement. It's an aardvark pattern and kit, like a giant Bento block and if you look at pattern picture it is totally different then what pattern is asking for for lights and darks. Grrrr
Sleep what a concept.
Terri that pattern is Road to Bali by Legacy the second one is the "proper" block setting and the first one when I made it I was just getting back in to quilting and really had no idea what I was going to do with it when it was done. When I put it together and realized how small it was and couldn't get more of the fabrics I made a few adjustments and some huge borders. The 3rd one I actually call "boulevard of broken dreams" I goofed it up so much I couldn't get the the seams lined up. I was able to make large 4 patches and sash them to create that look. The 6th one is also the same pattern that purposefully made in the same manner. Because I liked the way the other one had turned out so much.