Old 03-10-2015, 03:43 AM
NJ Quilter

I, too, use our 'guest' room as my sewing room. It's small and has a ton of furniture in it. I have a very small, cheap, sewing table in front of one window. I have one of the fold down craft tables like JoAnns sells in the middle of the room. Instead of beds, I have a queen futon. Couldn't tell you the last time we had overnight guests. If need be, the craft table - which I use for cutting; ironing; sandwiching can be folded down on both sides and stuck behind the futon if the errant guest should arrive. The chest holds my fabric scraps (don't keep a stash beyond that) and some books. There is no real closet, per se, in this room. The house was built before 1890 and what resembles a closet in there is about a 2' x 2' space so junk just gets crammed in there. The room is about 8x10. I have a plastic tub with some more stuff and a small plastic rolling drawer set for some other crafty stuff. It's crammed but it works because as someone else mentioned, I can just close the door and leave the mess for the next day. It's a chore to get it cleaned up for guest use but since those times are very few and far between, it works well. I probably would not have bought the craft table myself due to it's size but DH bought it for me as a gift years ago.