Old 03-10-2015, 09:23 AM
lynnie
Power Poster

Rosemary, I have beach on the mind. sorry if I misinterpreted it.
the flip flops are not to difficult to make but can be tricky.

How to make flip flops

get timtex the really stiff nterfacing. or get the stiffest you can find.
trace shoe pattern onto 100% cotton batting and timtex and fabric.
stitch all together in this order, timtex, batt, and fabric. I just tack them qabout 1/8" all around.
You NEED to make bias tape 2 1/2" wide. stitch this all the way around, stopping and starting at big toe position.
turn this over and stitch it down on the back. cut a piece of 4-1/2" wide fabric by 1/2 of the width of the fabric (about 22") stitch and turn. this will be the bow. I stop and start in th middle, coz that will be under the foot. turn and iron. if you want, you can put a single layer of batt in between. (this makes it harder to tie the knot) USE THE 6000glue for all purpose . stitch the bow strip under the front of the foot. I try it on first. I sew it down the sides and in an "X" get out that glue and clue the top to the flip flop. oh, forgot to tellyou to cut the thong piece off of the flip flop. when you glue it down, use some weights to hold thill it's dey, when it's dry, try on and tie bow. of course the bow is adjustable. have you seen the wedge flip flops. I made them a bit dressier. came out cute.