Thread: Oliso Iron
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 03:53 PM
joeyoz

Originally Posted by b.zang
No

I have this iron and am mixed about it. I had heard about this self-lifting feature being good for people with carpal tunnel syndrom and although I don't suffer, reasoned that it might be a good preventative thing. When I bought the iron, the saleslady told me that it gets hotter than most other irons, but I have not noticed any difference. The reason I say no, is that you cannot lay the iron on your material and take your hand off of it. Maybe I'm doing things wrong, but I often find myself placing my iron and waiting a few seconds before lifting it and re-placing it. Or, when pressing seams if I've made a pile of triangles or something, I open a few, place the iron on them and leave it while I open the next one. With the Oliso, your hand must be on the iron at all times. If you are ironing as opposed to pressing, this iron works great. I have two irons, and I find myself using the Oliso less often than the other.
There is a switch on the end of it that you can slide that will take it off of the pop up feature. If you accidentally leave it down and walk off, after 30 seconds it will pop up anyway. Built in safety thing.

I have one of these and I love it.