View Single Post
Old 03-11-2015, 07:52 AM
Carol34446

Originally Posted by usafchick1980 View Post
My mom has an OLD singer sewing machine. She doesn't sew a ton..but would like one handy for when she needs it..and who knows..maybe once she has one that works she would use it more often. Anyway we were talking and she is debating if she should get the one fixed that she has..or if she should just buy a new one.
I know that plenty of you say not to buy a new singer..because they are made pretty cheaply.

The one that she has runs..it just doesn't sew..does that make sense.

She is considering getting it looked at and possibly just getting it fixed. I think that that is what she should do..but I am not an expert on these types of things. My thought is if it runs then it might not cost a ton to get it fixed..and then she will get a great sewing machine because I do know that the old ones are made so much better than the newer ones.

I told her that I would post about it on here because I know that I have gotten great advise on here in the past.

She can't find the model number..but there is a manual and the copyright on it is 1969.

It also says that it is a "touch and sew" dual needle.
If she can get it looked at free or cheap, do it unless she would like a new machine. I have others but bought a Brother SQ9000 on Amazon from Ken's in AL with 80 stitches for $135.00. Also a GOOD used machine might be at the dealers as someone traded it in for a bigger better machine. There is much to chose from, depending what she wants it for/will use it for.

Last edited by Carol34446; 03-11-2015 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Add