View Single Post
Old 03-11-2015, 12:17 PM
ube quilting
Power Poster

Originally Posted by spartan quilter View Post
The reason that I am thinking about sashing is because of the seams when I would join 2 blocks. But it is still a possibility. Will post when I get it together
Okay, You're going to have to sew those seams anyway adding a sashing. Try doing a few blocks out of material that won't be in the quilt and do few practice runs to see how you like it and get the feel for it. You will also teach yourself what to do to make it work. After looking at the blocks I don't see a big problem here with the seams. Take your time, use pins and slow down the machine.

My piecing improved so much after I started making practice blocks using scraps before starting a new technique.

Another thing to try is basting the seam just inside the 1/4" allowance and if you like the results, go ahead and sew the seam and then pull the basting stitch out.

Another method is to go the school glue method. Just the slightest line of school glue inside the seam allowance and place the blocks together. The glue dries in a few minutes, and then sew the seam. I even press a low heat iron lightly on the blocks to help with the drying time. I'm so impatient!
I still love your quilt!
peace

Last edited by ube quilting; 03-11-2015 at 12:24 PM.