View Single Post
Old 03-11-2015, 02:16 PM
slbram17

Originally Posted by mckwilter View Post
This picture was of my first attempt. There were some problems with the pattern, so I altered it a little, made it an inch wider and longer than the original. The credit card pockets were too tight to easily remove and replace the cards, and instead of putting the credit card pockets in the back, I put them on the front of each of the zipper pockets. That way, I had space for my grocery cards, loyalty/bonus cards, gift cards, etc. I put two pockets on the back -- one for bills and one for receipts (which I used to just drop in the bottom of my purse). I used velcro because I didn't want to use a magnetic clasp, which can screw up the strip on your credit cards. I also put a mesh pocket on the back of one of the zipper pockets, but it made the seams very bulky on that pocket, so I didn't put it on the other two. The back pocket is big enough to hold my phone.

One thing I am thinking about is putting small "D" rings on the sides so that I could put a strap on it. The main question is where. Or I might put a sleeve on the inside into which I could insert a bar with connectors on each side.
I like the look of your wallet but can't find the tutorial, even after going to both of the SewChristine blogs.