Thread: 201 vs 15-91
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 07:22 AM
Jeanette Frantz

With not having experience with a 15 or any particular knowledge, it's easy to understand missing an oil point. I've been working on a Minnesota Model A (for my cousin in Arkansas) and although the machine operated very quietly, I discovered, while reading post on her, that I had missed an important oiling port containing a wick which I suppose distributes the oil as needed. But, the thread on this Board saved me from making a horrible mistake, which could have been, but was not, very bad!

I have not been a "collector" of machines, but I have a "collection" mostly acquired for me by my son! I think there's something like 9 or 10 machines, a couple of which I'm not sure what they are! LOL!, I have a white FW, a Singer 328K, Singer 201, 2 Singer 750, Singer 403A, Singer 1425, and what started my decline to Sewing Machine Addiction Disease, was a National Two Spool Treadle. The Minnesota Model A is a machine in progress for my cousin in Arkansas. I cannot possibly buy any more machines, because if I do, I'm going to have to sleep in the car! LOL!

Jeanette

Last edited by Jeanette Frantz; 03-12-2015 at 07:27 AM. Reason: additional content