View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 10:45 AM
jclinganrey

Default Giant Scrappy Swoon Quilt Along

I have seen these quilts online for quite some time andhave been absolutely infatuated with them.I have been so inspired I thought, let’s all get together and do anonline Quilt-Along QB style and see how many wonderful scrappy Swoon quilts wecan create together.The really coolpart about doing a quilt along is there is no mailing, no swapping, and nofuss.Heck!Not really even deadlines unless, of courseyou choose to keep up with the group. Ihope you do but that’s up to you!

I’m a huge proponent of giving credit where credit is dueand this quilt along was originally offered online by Jennifer Harrison ofHopeful Homemaker in 2013 and she was inspired by Camille Roskelley’s Swoonpattern.

I plan on posting new steps and instructions monthly forfive months so we should be finished by the end of September.The finished quilt will measure 72” x72”.

• The background calls for 8 fat quarters plus twoadditional 3 7/8 inch squares
  • Primary fabric (the center star): 16 – 3 7/8 inch strips (cut 4 – 3 7/8 inchsquares of 3 fabrics ) OR 7 fat quarters(you’ll have extras) OR some combination of the two
  • Secondary fabric (the outer ring): 15- 3 7/8 inch strips plus another 3 – 3.5inch strips OR 8 fat quarters (you’ll have extras) OR some combination of thetwo.

That’s a total of 5 ¾ yards + of fabric!!! That should make a big dent in your stash,right?? Please use your preferred methodfor making your HST’s. Personally, I wouldcut 4” rather than 3 7/8” but it’s entirely up to you.

Let’s get started! Please jump in and join thefun. We are going to have a great time!

Jane

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 02-20-2018 at 01:38 PM. Reason: remove shouting/all caps