View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 12:22 PM
chris_quilts

Originally Posted by Jeanette Frantz View Post
Please don't misunderstand, I have nothing against horses. I love them, and there's nothing quite like seeing a group of horses running around the pasture or just calmly grazing. This is the Horse Capital of the World according to the Chamber of Commerce. I never had the pleasure of learning to ride -- we worked in the family garden and sometimes in other gardens/vineyards, etc. I've been sewing for most of my life and I love it -- it is attainable for me, and it has provided many useful items such as clothing for myself, baby gifts, a baby quilt (or 2) clothing for my son, a suit I made for my husband, potholders, table runners, and large quilts. That was my rationale, and not meant for any criticism of the horses at all! Jeanette
Not taken as criticism. Horses also produce foals. You had asked what do horses produce & I had given an answer. In my case, they were also my confidantes when life was shitty which is quite often was. Their byproduct also had another benefit for my father - he used shoveling out the stalls, to his satisfaction, as a punishment.