Old 03-13-2015, 06:59 AM
CAS49OR

Thanks for all the advice. I rubbed they layer cake and no black came off.

I have another issue now. The fabrics I chose arrived yesterday and I only have one dark black. I like the patterns on some of them so I'm actually thinking of dying them blacker.

I like Connecting Threads wish wall. I was able to bring in swatches and compare them side by side and bought a nice set of batik.

I chose the "blacks" and whites from Hancocks of Paducah and could only view the small thumbnails. I got the fabric last night. I see that many of the patterns are bigger and they have more brown than black in them. A pretty "gray" I chose is actually green/silver. Sigh. At this point I could make a pretty gray and brown quilt, or start with the nice blacks I got in a layer cake from MQS and pick up more blacks locally.

Hancocks has such a great deal on fabrics, $3.99-6.99 with free shipping over $50.00 and Back15 code which is good till tomorrow for additional 15% that I'm tempted to go buy more online, and just buy stuff that looks really black rather than patterns.

I haven't tested the fabric from Hancocks for bleeding yet, I was so disappointed in about half my choices.