View Single Post
Old 03-13-2015, 07:45 PM
RST

To those of you who think it's complicated/intricate -- it's really not. The piecing is very straightforward, and each portion (diamond) is something you can easily assemble in a sitting /evening, especially if your pieces are pre-cut and you're not agonizing over fabric choices. The thing that's taking me time is getting my fabric and color balances where I want them, as I resolved to make it using only my stash and I'm incorporating some prints and fussy cutting.

If you buy the kit, or follow her fabric selections, the heavy work is pretty much done. The cutting is all strip-based, and the seams are very easy-- never a y-seam or a partial seam. Another thing to consider is that you don't have to make all the triangles/diamonds as shown. In some cases, I have fabrics in a certain colorway that I want to use that will be better showcased in a slightly different arrangement, and it's very easy to switch it up to accommodate that.

If you like the pattern but are concerned about completion, you could always just make one or two of the blocks with fabrics you have on hand and use them on a feature pillow -- just to see how challenging it is for you before you invest in several hundreds of dollars in fabric.