Thread: Janome 8900QCP
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2015, 06:28 AM
Sally J

I also purchased the 8200 instead of the 8900. I don't use all the special stitches on my 8200 and certainly don't need the extra ones on the 8900. It's great for free motion but you do need to use the single hole footplate. One thing it doesn't do well is thick seams but that usually not a problem with quilt blocks. Be sure to test the 1/4 seams with any foot as I had to move my needle to get an accurate seam size. There is a Yahoo group for the 7700 but people also post with their 8200/8900 machines. There are lots of good posts on that website. The machine is really quiet and that is a very good thing. My only complaint is having to lift the foot either on the machine or with knee lift. I'm a previous Viking person where it lifted automatically, the knee lift is too far to the right for me (I think because of the long size of the throat) but I've learned to be fine with the situation. BE SURE TO TEST DRIVE THE MACHINE before buying, we all like different things. Take your own fabric and a small quilt sandwich and test everything. I also got my lots cheaper at a quilt show.