Old 03-14-2015, 07:53 AM
Joanie2

I love Babylock and have just purchased the Aria. My first machine was the Esante ESI that came with the embroidery attachment and had a slot in the side for new patterns, etc. I forget what that's called. Anyway, I purchased it about 15 years ago and it was the best machine ever. I loved it until the screen started to fade, about 4 years ago. I took it to the dealer where I purchased it (I had been taking it in every year for servicing). Anyway he said it was the motherboard that was dying and that to replace it would cost about $300 for the part and another $300 for the labor. The only problem was that my model was phased out and the part was no longer available. So I used a flashlight to shine on the screen just so I could see enough to use it for straight stitching. Well, I still have the machine but have not been able to sew with it any longer. I have the attachments and the discs etc. Since I paid that big price to begin with I just don't have the heart to dump it. $250 is a great price if it still has lots of stitches left in it. I understand there is a way to tell exactly how much life is left in a computerized machine and if anyone out there has any thoughts or ideas for me, I would appreciate them. So, Sharon it might be worth taking that leap of faith or it might not. Sorry if I'm making your decision more difficult.