Old 03-14-2015, 01:35 PM
SteveH
Banned

Default 1860's Grover and Baker MOP in Incredible Parlor cabinet

Allow me to introduce our new crown jewel.....

I have done NO cleaning what so ever.

Due to the kindness of a fellow collector, the previous owner of this machine was put into contact with me about a possible sale. That was a little while ago. I was upfront with the owner that I could only afford a certain amount and that his machine was most likely worth a bunch more in the right sale. The owner decided to follow that route and we bid each other a kind farewell.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago, the owner contacts me and says that they have not been able to sell it as expected and that they would accept a offer that was a little bit above my limit. I looked at the pics for a week and caved... I have now sold my other MOP G&B in the oak parlor with non-original internal hardware, and bought this stunning beauty. It is 99.9% complete (it is missing the bolt on patent plate, but we have a donor machine with one)

The previous owner is on vacation as of the moment we left them, but when they return in two weeks they will scan and forward a copy of the original Bill of Sale..... oh wow...

The front - Closed up
[ATTACH=CONFIG]513567[/ATTACH]

The Front Open - The right door is folded all the way around the back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]513568[/ATTACH]

This is the hinge up close
[ATTACH=CONFIG]513569[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails g-b-mop-1860s-complete_025.jpg   g-b-mop-1860s-complete_027.jpg   g-b-mop-1860s-complete_011.jpg