View Single Post
Old 03-15-2015, 06:25 AM
KenmoreGal2

Thanks for all the kind words fellow quilters.

"just the scraps m'am" - I agree it would look great on a wall. Unfortunately I have no bare walls to put it on! I have it folded over the back of my sofa but due to the configuration of the sofa, only 1/4 of the quilt is visible. I'm kind of bummed about that.

I am having fun making the 3rd one which will be the quilted curtains for the family friend (2 panels - each one will be 30 x 70) I'm starting with 10" blocks. So far I have made 4 squares with 7" intact flowers with 2" borders around them. I have another 8 to go. I'm using solid brocade for the borders, it was another fabric sample book. (I'm not sure yet that I like how this is going.....). I need a total of 30 - 10" (or so) squares. If they don't come out to exactly 10", I'll just change the border size. I have a pile of incomplete flowers that are smaller than 7". I have not decided yet if I'll put larger borders on them to make them 10" square or if I'll have rows of smaller sized blocks mixed in the quilt. I saw that in an exhibit recently and it looks pretty cool. (Was this way too much detail???)