View Single Post
Old 03-15-2015, 01:23 PM
bjchad

There definitely were not nearly the number of vendors there as the past two years. I talked to one vendor and was told the fee had gone up quite a bit this year. It's a shame as the vendors help bring in the day trippers as well as those who take classes. They would have done better to keep the fee lower and attract more vendors.

I took three classes and they were great and I did buy threads that I pretty much can't get around home. It's nice to actually see the thread colors instead of getting them via the web. There were some fantastic quilts in the displays as well.

I haven't ever had trouble parking as I get there early for classes but I could see that it would be a problem for those coming later in the day and it costs a fair amount.

I never made it to the other show and I'm sorry I didn't, so I can't compare. I think I might try the Hersey show, at least as a day trip or one day overnighter.
I can do both Lancaster and Hersey as day trips although both are pushing it, just at the far limit for me.

Overall I was satisfied, as my classes were wonderful, but I was disappointed in the vendors.