Old 03-15-2015, 05:42 PM
dublb

Hey Guy's, I'm back! I had a great time! I spent Sun night w/my DCousin in Katy (E o' Houston.) Mon I drove ta DD's house in Kingwood (N o' Houston) in the rain. I haven't driven in the rain in at least 15 years & certainly have never driven freeways in the rain! It was bit scary ta say the least.
Mon night DD had a roast in the crock pot as it was the day her DH was ta come home from a Gulf Coast rig. She was happy ta see me but was thrilled ta see him. (He programs the measurin' equipment on those rigs.)
Her DH also had ta go in ta work on Tues. DD, DGK's, & I went ta the San Jacinto monument. Gosh I can't believe that I haven't seen that monument in all o' my 53 years. That evenin' we went ta my DH's Aunt for supper.
Wen. my DSonIL was called out ta another rig! So DD & I change our plans. I had planned ta stay till Sat & drive ta Brady. DD decided that she wanted ta go ta Brady on Fri. Wed & Thurs we made inta sewin' days w/the kids & w/DD's DMIL. Friday we drove ta Brady by way o' Austin. Me followin' my DD. We also drove by my DGM's grave before we got ta Austin. At my DGM's grave we found some things that we need ta take care o'. I am so glad that we stopped. In Austin I got lost. LOL There was a stop light & so I got behind. DD called & said ta just stay in the left lane. LOL I stayed in the left lane right onta a left exit!!!!! I pulled over & pulled out my GPS while DD pulled inta a Taco Cabana & got me an address ta put inta the GPS. 2 more flyovers later I was back w/DD & had a great meal at Taco Cabana. DD got her hands on my GPS & set it ta match the one on her phone. LOL, the rest o' the trip was a bit on the straight forward side anyway but DD didn't take any chances.
Once in Brady. we settled in for a nice relaxin' time but it didn't happen. On Sat. e went inta town ta git food for lunch & ta grill hamburgers for supper. We went in DD's Sequoia as it has the boosters in it. When we got back the DGK's were between the 2 Sequoias & noticed that mine had a flat. Sigh on a Sat afternoon. The only place in town that would do anything about it was closed. Someone called him & he said that after his wife got off o' work he'd meet me at the shop (right next ta a Shell station/convenience store.) Once we were there he took the tire off & it had a split in it. $250 later I had a new tire. This mornin we woke up & DGD finished her skirt we had been workin' on then we all packed up & went home in opposite directions. I am so glad ta be home! DH hugged me for a very long time.

Last edited by dublb; 03-15-2015 at 05:47 PM.