View Single Post
Old 03-15-2015, 05:55 PM
NikkiLu

My 2 cents - my daughter lives in Paducah and my DH is glad to take me to the Quilt Show every April - it is 5 hours away for us. Of course, we stay with her. She is a wonderful chauffer once we get there - she is a quilter also. DH stayed at her house the first year while she and I were at the quilt show and shopping and hated to be there with nothing to do by himself. So, he now goes with us all week wherever we go and is SO GOOD to help carry bolts of fabric to the cutting table, or whatever we need him to do. He loves to people watch - or "woman watch". We spend several days there and by the time we "see it all" I am so tired of quilts, etc. - so I cannot imagine wanting to go to anything bigger. But, to have everything underneath one roof might be nice. The quilt show itself is in downtown Paducah and most of the vendors are in the convention center but the whole downtown is devoted to quilting/fabric. Last year we even saw fabric for sale at a bakery downtown!!! BUT, what probably sets Paducah above Houston is Hancocks of Paducah - fabric store. Not to be confused with a regular Hancocks fabric store. I am a batik addict and I think that I counted 10 LONG rows of batiks. They do have some sales (red dots on bolts) during Quilt Week - but be prepared to spend a bundle in there. My daughter interviewed the owners of Hancocks of Paducah for an article for the Paducah Sun (local newspaper) one year and they said that some women walk in the door and start crying!!!