Thread: Live Chat
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 10:32 PM
Bethy

I remember party lines too. In fact right now in the background I can hear other conversations going on. It's very clear too. I thought these newer phones stopped all of that, but I guess phone lines will be phone lines and as long as I don't know who they are and if some one is hearing my conversations, oh well. Kind of reminds me of Big Brother listening only it's grandma. I remember getting a private line in '61. Mom and Dad had just built a new home and we really felt quite the stuff getting private line and having extra phones in different rooms. I know it sounds like a million light years ago, but actually time really has flown. My mother was quilting a Sunbonnet Sue quilt and she and I built her a quilting frame like she remember her mother and grandmother using. It was pretty neat and worked well. I was better at building things with wood rather than sitting down at a sewing machine. Actually, every time I sat down at Mom's pfaff, it broke and I was so frustrated with it, I quit. Not to mention hearing my mother yell at me about messing up her machine. Back then I didn't know anything about tension and unfortunately she wasn't patient enough at the time to show me. Oh well. Now we both sew and are patient with each other. Quilt today and remember those quilting memories later. Bethy