View Single Post
Old 03-18-2015, 01:18 PM
quiltlady1941

Ok Ladies just got back from the Janome dealer which is 65 miles away but I guess it is worth going that far..It is most back road so no traffic which is a good thing
here is the deal and I am having a hard time getting my mind around this.. JustAbitCrazy and Lucio and all the ladies, she told me that the one with the red front and black bed but with a silver face plate was a limited edition and they are not making then any more but she had two in a box and the floor model but they are the very same as the 8900 with the gray plate.. the two machines both 8900 sat side by side and the red face was the only thing that was different from the 8900 with the gray face plate. The big thing was the price..the red one was 2999.00 and the gray 8900 was 3999.00.. To me this is crazy a 1000.00 difference is a lot of money for the same machine with a different color face plate.. I just am having a hard time getting this around in my mind, why they would sell it for that much of a difference in the price just because of the color..

and yes it was the 8900 this I checked what it said on the front of the machine..if anyone know anything about this I would really love to hear .. Thanks everyone , tomorrow I will go and check out the Brother V series model VQ2400 it is almost the same as the Janome 8900 and the price is 3699.00