Old 03-18-2015, 04:59 PM
Luci177

Default Scrappy Mountain Majesties a Bonnie Hunter pattern

I was inspired when a quilting buddy showed me her version of Bonnie Hunters Scrappy Mountain Majesties. The pattern can be found on Bonnie's website Quiltville. My friend gifted me some of her leftover shirting fabric and I used homespuns I had been collecting for just the right project to come along. It's funny how we collect fabrics or make quilts that do not have a particular project or person in mind, the quilts somehow "find" their true owners after they are revealed.
I also used up a stash of neutrals to complete. The backing fabric is a extra wide leafy batik that is soft. The batting is wool and it really made a difference in making the quilt drape nicely and it is so soft. I noticed that when I removed it from a hanger, the fold lines did not show up. I added borders to use up as much of the fabric as possible and I like the way the cheddar Orange color made the homespuns pop. Since it ended up a queen size, I took it to a LQS called Angelquilters, located in rural Lincoln (love them). They did a nice job and I picked a pattern of oak leaves and acorns in a brown thread. It looks manly to me and is so different from my usual style, different is nice.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]514079[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]514080[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]514082[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]514081[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg