View Single Post
Old 03-18-2015, 06:59 PM
roguequilter

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
A couple weeks ago our computer crashed. We almost got it back up then it just quit booting up.

I had several machine related things I was going for and a machine on GW right here in Springfield that I lot out on.

I've also lost all bookmarks, mostly sewing related, and email addresses from QB members from the last year.

We're only partially back up and running so I'll try to PM those of you I was working on projects with
Joe
joe the same happened to me last fall. new, RAM, tested everything -mother board, hard drive ...all but the cpu ...i told them if the cpu out just forget it...too expensive. they agreed. they had pulled my hard drive & ran on one of their computers and at same time saved &. backed up all of my info that they could. got a new pc w win 7. they had backed up my old drive w essentials (quilt pics & grand darlins). but he said there was too much on my drive to back up at one time when they were trying to move all over to new machine. i asked them for the old hard drive ...they gave it to me and also a thumb drive w more of my files & stuff on it. brought it home, pluged into my new pc & there were the notes & info i was afraid i had lost. so, they may have more of your imfo than they could back up on another thumb drive. also, if you use IE or mozilla etc, when you set up new machine all of your email addys, bookmarks etc should be already there for you. i do a lot of photo editing, have many documents re: family history etc. everything was on the thumb drive that they gave me when i went back for old drive . maybe you could call them and see if they had anything else they saved off of your unit.