View Single Post
Old 03-18-2015, 08:52 PM
cathyvv

It's only a problem if you think it's a problem. Deadlines are artificial, so unless someone you want to gift with a quilt is near the end of life or the gift is for an infant, don't worry about the deadline.

Project choice is a bigger issue. If time and space are limited, try choosing less complicated quilts. My sister always goes for the complicated quilts, and has a stack of UFO's as a result. I, on the other hand, am impatient and won't devote the time and effort required for complicated or intricate patterns. And I still wind up with UFO's! Luckily, neither of us is a neat-nut, so neither of us really care about the mess.

Crocheting is, in my opinion, more relaxing than sewing and has the benefit of allowing you to watch TV while you crochet. I had to stop crocheting because of fibro, arthritis and tendonitis, and I do miss it.

In any case, don't feel forced to choose between crocheting and quilting. Do what makes you happiest and enjoy it. Otherwise, what is the point of either hobby?